Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

I decided to post up some of my guilty pleasures in terms of music and for their reasons.

First on the list has got to be Paramore's Decode. For the following reasons: Paramore is another band that seems to be exploited by their taking part of the movie, Twilight, which the song was written for. Twilight is horrible as is, although I have never read the book itself, but from what others have told me, it's horrible. When I first heard of the book involving Vampires, but a cheesy love story and cheesy looking characters, no way. Anyways, a combination between two negatives makes something far more abhorrent. To add on to this, Twilight is propagated at local Hot Topic stores.

Second, Divine Heresy's Savior Self. I have never been a big fan of Metal/Deathcore nor do I intend on getting into it. The reason why I hate these genres is for the popcorn drumming that goes no where, over-technical guitar segments, half ass vocals, the use of two chord breakdowns, and the bands with black people trying to act tough as vocalist. Tommy Vext/Cummings, is a perfect example of the nigger trying to act tough. His clean vocals are amazing yet his growls are disgusting (disgusting used in a negative way)! Too add on, Dino Cazares is a dick from what I heard various times. Personality is a huge thing for me when coming to the conclusion whether or not the band deserves support. Shining, Nargaroth, and Burzum all rank up to be one of the most egotistical, stupid, and whatever other word fits those characters. I regret spending 40 bucks for Nargaroth's Black Metal Ist Krieg album especially, when there are only 3 songs I enjoyed from it!

Third, (new) Darkest Hour. They follow the same guidelines in terms of metal/deathcore aside from the nigger vocalist. I am debating whether or not to purchase this album, but then again, if I do, they will be put with the other 10 albums that are non metal that I have purchased. If someone were to see my collection, skim through it, and see that, I would be speechless myself, no matter how many times I look at it that way.

The last, West Side Story. Anybody that has enjoyed this movie should feel the same way. Fuck the Matrix, the fight scenes in this musical are the shit!

It's small yet punishing to a person such as myself.

No comments: