Thursday, November 19, 2009

Anxious

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=423265724&blogId=518771141

That blog entry by Non of Lifelover bares great news. The union between Audrey, Kim, and Non is something that is unimaginable. Kim Carlsson is perhaps of the most respected people in my books and the sheer impact he has had on my life is ineffable. Audrey Sylvain was the first and last singer of the now defunct Amesoeurs. Her out of tune voice and rabid untrained screeches and screams give her a nice edge to the female vocals cliche. As for Non, fairly new at least to my ears, he gave Lifelover an organic sound by embodying the poppy signature sound of Lifelover with the dynamics provided by his drumming. Many people criticize it for being too "metal" but I am loving it, a fine string to balance on.

Anyways, tonight I will be witnessing Converge's live ritual. I am definitely looking forward to the chaos which may ensue. I have heard mix reviews in regards to the pits and such, but I don't plan in taking part in any of them, just standing in the front slowly breaking my neck. As for the other bands, expect me in the back or somewhere else to enjoy the show.

A personality indeed


No comments: