Saturday, April 18, 2009

Satisfied

Being in collaboration with Arms in order to have my emotions and thought manifested through an audio output has proven to be difficult and gratifying. Although, Arms and I views on life and how we perceive things are much different from each other, we do share one common goal, to create music. He is the half that creates the music, I only provide opinions that will decide how the song will take shape, but my opinion isn't much needed since he does understand the basic concept of Black Metal and musical construction.

He has finished recording one song, and now it is my turn to finish the song by adding lyrics. I have been up extra hours, 3 for the last 2 days to gather all my thoughts and create a cohesive unit for this song. It has proven difficult and the lyrics are nearly complete. It astonishes me how I am at school or work and I come up with so many ideas and verses yet when I need them most they are nowhere to be found. Anyways, I am very much satisfied with the outcome of our first song, now to touch up the next 2 and record them. I know it may be biased to appreciate your own work so my opinion probably would not matter, but I am creating these hymns for self-gratification primarily. Secondly, to show that L.A. Black Metal bands can create music outside of the Darkthrone framework, among other things. For those curious, my lyrics will revolve around personal beliefs/matters, Satanism/Luciferianism, and Blasphemy. I doubt they will ever be published (can't afford layouts and a 20 page booklet) but my vocals aren't that distorted and raspy that the words are indecipherable.

The name is still under consideration but we already have someone in mind to design the logo.

No comments: