Friday, May 22, 2009

Punisher

Today, being the impatient fuck that I am, I told my dad about the possible solution and he decided to take out the thermostat and replace the tube which connects the radiator to the thermostat. As of today's drive around the area, the car becomes significantly cooler with the companionship of a faster speed. Tomorrow, I will be going up to Baldwin Park, hopefully what was experienced today happens tomorrow and the drive up and down, and up and down, becomes worry free.

Rather than purchasing Noctifer albums like I said I was, I made a trip to Second Spin. I purchased Keep of Kalessin's Kolossus and Anthrax' Among the Living. Keep of Kalessin's style of "black metal", I am not a big fan of. I am really trying to get into it, but I have never been a big fan of Melodic Death. The intricate guitar riffs that serve as the conduit for pop, upbeat atmospheres don't please me. Neither do the slight rasp with an increased volume of melodic talking. Whoever claimed this album to be Black Metal, I think you best get your ears checked, the elements of Black Metal that do appear are short lived or they are layered with neck jerking.

While everyone is watching Terminator: Salvation, I was watching Punisher: War Zone, for the second time today. This movie may in fact be my favorite Marvel movie. It contains the cheesyness that comic book movies should have a drop of, a perfect amount of exaggerated gore, and the realism that I enjoy, one of the reasons why I enjoyed Iron Man far more significantly then any other super hero movie. One thing that I wasn't too fond of was the shitty score, godamn, put some good music, not Nu-Metal and perhaps, they should coach the people with accents a bit more, Mexican guy was horrible. I wish this movie was a bit more hyped, at least, hyped enough for me to be aware of, but that actually is pretty difficult. Anyways, I hope there is a second one, I plan on watching that in theatres. I bought the original Punisher: War Zone and I am considering going back and purchasing the 2 disc Special Edition, hell, I am even going to start collecting his series on paperback.

this should be part of the soundtrack


No comments: