Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Forgetting ______

Today's day was an odd one. Oliver aimed me up seeing if I was down for the beach and I said yes, but everything seemed to run behind schedule. Nonetheless, a trip to the beach was made in a far bigger group than any of us had expected. Johnny Do, Oliver, Ha, Claudyne, Thy, Tim, and myself in the van and Johnaheim, John Lam, and Steven in the other.

We made a lengthy trip over to Treasure Island which is nothing more than a fancy resort located in the Laguna/Corona area. I had no intention of swimming so I was very unprepared of what was to happen. To get our desired destination, we had to cross rugged terrain and cross through the lakes that mother nature had made for herself. It wasn't a problem for anyone else but I had to make sure that I made it across without getting wet. After everyone got changed, we all made it on top of a rock which practically had us all jumping off of. Hesitation and fear took the best of us but we all managed to overcome it. An hour or so passed by and we had to make our way back. Unfortunately, the tide had changed and the way back had become far more difficult then the way there. Johnaheim was taken back by the current and swept off his feet which gave us all a laugh. Laughs were all silenced when Johnaheim emerged with a minor gash on his foot. Seeing as how he did need some sort of bandage, I took an alternate route to find myself meeting up with him at the life guard. I am not sure if it's just me but this seemed to be like Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Jumping off a rock into the ocean and a member of our party coming out with a opened scar on his foot.

Later that night, Bj, Manny, Oli, John Lam, Steve, Steven, and myself made our way over to Sunset beach to try that Coke Machine, it was a failure. Everything good was used up. The night ended with fishing and once again, no fish.

This is the climatic end of Summer, the calm before the storm, or perhaps the storm before the calm. Either way, the events that happen carry much more joy seeing as how we will have to return to our serious lives of school and work.

No comments: