Friday, October 2, 2009

Winds

I am not sure if I am the only one that notices this, which I probably am just because I tend to be fascinated with subject matter revolving around the psych, certain weather conditions contain certain emotions that accompany them. I did a small bit of research and it does explain plenty of it.

Winds possess odd qualities aside from keeping us cool or keeping our lips chapped, whether it being accompanied with depression, anxiety, stress, or a number of other negative emotions. Depending on your geographic location you can receive one of the aforementioned emotions or all of them in addition to the ones that I had not listed. Seeing as how I live in Southern California, I will focus in this region.

Southern California during late Summer and Fall season, we are greeted with Santa Ana Winds. Santa Ana winds are hot and dry, resembling desert wind. During these times the winds are able to put a person under a number of fatigued situations, migraines, insomnia, dizziness, apathy, depression, muscle weakness, nausea, the list goes on. Interestingly, in certain countries a person can avoid being thrown into jail simply for the season. Depending on location, during these times suicide, alcoholism, and depression jump up significantly due to the winds, lack of sunshine, and climate changes.

I can personally say, I have found the reason for my down feelings during these times. My past days have consisted nothing but droning around, sitting in front of my computer doing nothing, not even typing maniac is visited often. Sometimes I wish I didn't listen to such down music and had more upbeat music in my collection. Shoegaze, DSBM, Post-Rock, those don't help one bit.






No comments: