Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sondheim's

Today I had my first actual play experience, I was honored to have Sondheim's Putting It Together as the play of choice. The play consisted of a number of laughs venturing into the realms of perversity and crude topics. The first portion consisted of pure singing, the lack of actual speaking proved to be the strong point. The second portion only had a few words, but made up with the presence of those few words with a great performance by one of the actresses. I recommend watching this play, I would be down to watch it again, in fact, I would be down to watch a number of plays.

It is an odd sight to see, a number of young people drowned out by elderly folks. What proves to be even more odd is the fact that for many of these older people, it was a chance of getting dried sex organs. The number of elderly couples was beyond imaginable, there were married couples and couples that seemed to just have met and are looking for a good time. Kind of makes me wonder, no matter how much you claim to know, Love seems to never cease. So many people complain about the negative aspects of relationships but you often find yourself yearning for it. Another one of mankind's flaws?

No comments: