Sunday, November 22, 2009

Regions

I never thought about it but certain bands are stuck to certain regions. Even if I have never listened to their music in that specific region, they manage to evoke a sense of nostalgia to when I was there. Velvet Cacoon for example serves as the mnemonic device for Oliver, Bj, and my enjoyment of watching seals moan and groan in a cold setting. If it were raining, I don't think that could have been topped. Marissa Nadler seems to create a sense of happiness by just being in the city of San Francisco. As the cold breeze welcomes you and I light my first cigarette in the city, it definitely feels appropriate. Crystal Castles on the other hand creates a sad tone. With our departure from Vegas on New Years Day, the song just blares through the speakers as the sun sets behind us and the desert fatigue seeps through our skin. As you see everyone fall asleep on the way back, the city of life becomes further and further away, it can be unsettling. Travelling is something I wish I can partake in more often.







I am sure there are more.

No comments: