Saturday, December 6, 2008

Sandwiches, Amoeba, and UCLA

The trip that Bj and myself had been postponing for various reasons finally went underway. Our first destination among the list of food places and our nascent state of becoming food connoisseurs was Phillipes.

This place was to be said to be a great french dip place, I decided to go further on the edge and try something they were not known for, I came out satisfied. I purchased the Chili and to complement the taste, it was accompanied by vanilla ice cream and a nine cent cup of coffee, no matter how shitty, you can't beat the price. Bj and Oli decided to stick with what was known and purchased sandwiches, a baked apple, and the very affordable lemonade.

After our indulgence of food, we made our way to the Elliot Smith wall and of course, it is LA and today's oddity was the bike gang of Santas. It was an interesting sight, Oli said they were a bike gang and I thought they were fags, either way, interesting indeed. We got to the Elliot Smith wall and Bj paid his respects, Oli and I didn't have an intention to pay our respects, and all I knew of him was he was a writer of some sort.

Next stop was Amoeba, and of course, that is hell for me. I have the intention of going in and buying a few albums and come out buying a few more, to my amazement, I came out with nothing but another list to be created in terms of albums to get, now that I have eBay everything will be in my hands. We then made our way to Supreme and we were amazed at seeing such a large amount of cop cars heading in one direction. As we made a turn onto Fairfax we witnessed a neighborhood being blocked off, a shooting or something of large magnitude had to have gone down. Anyways, we got to Supreme and Oli managed to come up on some rare red Vans, I have no interest in shoes, so I can't further the detail of such an item, all I know is that Oli was delighted to have them in his hands, a well deserved birthday gift for himself I would assume.

UCLA was our final stop before going back to Orange County and we visited Jonaheim and Tim in their dorm rooms to provide them with a short relief from studying. It seems they are under large amounts of pressure for finals, luckily, I attend a half assed community college and don't have to worry about anything, my luck to you guys. UCLA seems to be such a spirited school, I never understood that, possibly their inspiration comes from being well treated with a massive campus. UCSD cannot contend with such beauty, UCSD is crap compared to this.

Our night ended with Korpiklaani being played in the car and another Famima!! run. It seems that the amazement of Leninade and the marble bottle will never cease to amaze us, that store has become a phenomenon that has swept the easily amused minds of ours.

ACHTUNG!
I have received Nausea by Jean Paul Sartre, a book of existentialist philosophy, along with other cds. It seems that the reviews will definitely be slowed down. In addition to the processing of the various art forms I have gathered, I will have to catch up on some put off work for 2 of my classes, I expect to have at least 2/3 of it done tomorrow, if not, don't expect to see me for quite some time.

No comments: